Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

That’s more like it.

This week was much closer to where I want to be. My mileage is back up where it once was, and about where I want to be at this point in my training. Here’s a recap:

Monday:
4 miles (9:12 avg pace)
Just 4 miles, a little fast, along the normal route.

Tuesday:
Track – Whistle workout
This week’s track workout was another whistle workout. This time we would run at “L”-pace (a little faster than 5k pace) for the first 2/3rds of the workout and finish off the last 1/3rd at “S”-pace (short interval pace/fast). We were told we would be running about 20 minutes at quick speeds. It was a tough workout, but still pretty fun. It was also a long workout, and I definitely felt it through the rest of the week:

7 miles (8:42 avg pace)

Wednesday:
Rest Day

Thursday:
4 miles (8:59 avg pace)
Way too quick; guess I was excited, and in a hurry! (I had to make it to a pacer meeting that evening.) This run definitely added to the heaviness of my legs later on in the week.

Friday:
9.7 miles (10:53 avg pace)
I wanted to complete our long run on Friday after work, since we were going to be busy for most of Saturday due to a wedding, and there was no way I was going to plan a run on the Sunday after the wedding! We made it out a little before 6pm, and barely made it home before it got too dark. The first few miles were definitely tough for my legs, but they eventually warmed up. We still took it pretty slow, but that’s ok, I’ll just pretend it was practice for my upcoming pacing gig! ;)

Saturday:
Wedding Day

Wedding Day started with 2.5 “Matrimony Miles”. The friend that was getting married is “streaking” for 1 year, requiring her to run at least 1 mile every day for a year. She invited a bunch of friends out to join her for her last run as a single lady. It was a nice cool, foggy morning run. And we finished up with mimosas, mmm!

2.5 miles (10:46 avg pace)

IMG_0023 

The wedding itself was a ton of fun. It was fun celebrating our friends along with all their family and friends! Congrats guys!

Tired at the end of the night:IMG_0311 

Sunday:
Real rest day. We needed to recuperate!

I’m hoping to keep on track with my training plan next week. Thursday is “Last” Thursday, and we’re planning to meet up with Alisa on Wednesday for a hill workout, so things are shaping up pretty good so far. Yay for running plans with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment