Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

One week to go...

Well, I am NOT back to running yet. I'm giving it one more week. My shins are actually feeling pretty good, but due to the occasional twinge, I don't wanna push it too soon. So, one more week and then I will (hopefully) be back in the game!

I continued with the stationary bike on Monday and Friday. (We skipped Wednesday due to bad news on the job front for J.) I had Friday off (since I'm working Saturday the 13th) and it was such a beautiful day (especially for February) so we decided to head up to Forest Park / Wildwood Trail for a nice hike.

We started at Lower Macleay Park, as we did last time. We headed up on the Wildwood Trail, but instead of turning right toward the Audubon Society, we continued along the Wildwood Trail, crossed Cornell Rd, and continued up to Pittock Mansion. There was a great view from up there! Here's some pics from my iPhone camera (probably not the best) but here they are anyway!

Pittock Mansion


Willamette River (I believe...)


City of Portland
Hike Stats:
4.4 miles (estimated from web search) in 2hrs15min.
850ft elevation gain (and then loss)

Hopefully I'll have a run to report on next week. I'm hoping to start next Friday. Fingers crossed that I don't have any setbacks, and get back into the game nice and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment