Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Bouncing back

This week was so much better than last week. It is so great to be able to breathe! :) My runs felt really great, and I definitely took advantage of my functional lungs! Here’s a recap of the week:

Monday:
3 miles (9:13 avg pace! what?! oops!)

Tuesday:
Restarted the pushups (and subsequently skipped the rest of the week. oops part 2!)

Wednesday:
4 miles (9:45 avg pace. J had a headache, but I felt great!) We had our first “bloggy meet-up” with Alisa. (I’m “borrowing” her picture.)

photo

We didn’t get to “run” with her this week (husbands are so demanding! That’s why I just bring mine with me! ;) but I’m sure we’ll make it work soon!

Thursday:
Moved our run to attend Trivia Night. Had a lot of fun!

Friday:
3 miles (9:24 avg pace)

Some of those runs may have been pushing it, but my lungs felt great, and so did my legs, so we went for it!

Sunday, we’ll be running the Bridge to Brews 10K. It will be our first 10K and I'm really looking forward to it! I don’t have any set goals, so we’ll just see what the day brings. As long as we finish it, we are guaranteed a PR, which is always a great place to be! We have kept a pretty consistent and comfortable 9:30 min/mi pace, so if we can keep it there (or under) I’ll be happy.

Sunday not only marks our first 10K, it also brings us to our One Year Anniversary; and we couldn’t be happier! It has been a busy year, and I have loved every minute of it! We’ve done a lot together in the past year; a lot of things I know J never thought he would do. But I’m glad he decided to join me! :) Our wedding day was so much fun, and thus far, we’ve managed to keep the good times going! Here’s to many more years! :)

0395 0491 0534cute 0631

Good luck to all of you on your races, long runs, and other various activities!

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary!

    Great to meet you guys--yes, we will be running soon as long as you go your slow pace and not your "oops" pace. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I love the photo of you guys with Alisa; we need to figure out another meet-up - it might be hard for me until after Eugene though, let's through out some dates.

    Your wedding photos are lovely

    ReplyDelete