Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Cross Training...?

Although my legs felt ok during the First Run, afterward they felt a little less than pleasant. In fact, the next couple of days my lower legs were quite sore. Even today, 4 days after the run, my legs were somewhat painful to walk on, let alone run on. So, I've decided to take it easy this week. I don't really want to, but I do want to run pain-free. And I want to run pain-free without having to take an extended break due to stress fractures. (I'm paranoid!)

So today, I've started "cross training" (well...sort of). The recumbent bike...yeah. Not really my favorite thing in the world. Pretty boring, and way tough on my legs. As with running, I've never really been very good on the bike. I would even say I'm worse at the bike then I am with running; especially now! But after the first 20 minutes, the burning started to dissipate. I managed to stay over 16 mph, but boy did my butt hurt! (from the seat...)

5 minute Warm Up
30 minutes at 16+ mph
5 minute Cool Down

I plan on doing about the same thing on Wednesday. Thursday we're flying down to Orange County to visit J's family, which should be fun! I really wanted to run while we're down there, and I'm not counting it out! Friday will be 1 week since the run; maybe my shins will be all healed and stuff! Maybe... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment