Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

♪ On the road again ♫

Today was a busy day! Let me lay it out for you in an organized fashion!

1) We went to Mother's Bistro & Bar for the first time, and it did not disappoint. We had been avoiding it for a couple of reasons. One, it is a very popular place in the Portland metro area, and we don't like long waits at restaurants. Two, it seemed tot be a bit expensive for our tastes. But, the wait wasn't that horrible (especially for a Saturday at 11am) and the food was worth every penny! Check out these pictures!


Just look at that French Pressed Stumptown Coffee and Mimosa!!


J had Breakfast Nachos:


I had delicious Crunchy French Toast (Dipped in egg and than in Corn Flakes) The maple syrup was delicious as well!


Demolished!


2) New Running Shoes!!!! Yay! Salesguy had me run barefoot on the treadmill, which I had been somewhat dreading since I obviously hate dreadmills! But it really wasn't so bad! I watched the video with Salesguy, and we both agreed I moderately pronate. Salesguy had me try on 3 different types of shoes.

First were the Brooks Adrenalines. First impression: "Oh my gosh! They're sooo cute!" I tried them out on the treadmill. Thoughts: "They're ok, I guess." (In depth, right?!)

Second, I tried on the Asics GTs. First impression: "Those are really cute, too!" Thoughts after the treadmill trial: "Meh, my shins kinda hurt..." Immediately ruled out right there.

Third were the Nike Triax+ 13. First impression: "Those are soooo ugly! I secretly hope they don't work out." Thoughts after the treadmill trial: "Frick, these fit sooo well; my shins barely hurt at all!!!!"

I couldn't choose between the first, really cute shoes and the third, really ugly shoes. Salesguy suggested I try one of each for a trial; so I did! Well, the Triax definitely won out...I was a little disappointed, until, wait for it:

3) FIRST (non-race) RUN OF 2010! Yes, that is right. I'm back, baby! After the excitement of purchasing our new shoes, we decided to try them out! We ran around the old waterfront, and let me just say, it was great! We made it all the way around, and I experienced very little shin pain. And the best part, I still don't have very much shin pain! Thank you new shoes! I may just be able to look past your ugliness. Check them out in their full glory (stolen from the Internet!):

I guess they're not that bad...Red is just not my color ;)

4) Technically, this doesn't belong to today's festivities, but...I'm jazzed that we have another run planned. It's not a big deal, just a 1-miler. And we're not planning on pushing it, or anything, but there will be lots of runners there, and should be fun! It's not a big time race or anything, just a fun run to celebrate/support donations for local low-income high school track and field athletes. You can read more about it here. I'll try to recap on Monday after the run.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment