Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Non-running weekend recap :(

Although I'm on an (un-wanted) hiatus from running, that doesn't mean I've been sitting on my butt. While J was out enjoying a rainy run on Friday, I went to the gym where I rode the stationary bike for 9.9 miles (not very scenic). I kept up a 16+ mph pace, which to this non-biker, is NOT easy...

Yesterday (Saturday) there was a break in the rainy weather, so we went hiking in Forest Park. We've never been, but we will definitely being go back there for some runs (hopefully soon!) We hiked about 4 miles total, but stopped at the Audubon Society of Portland Visitors Center (accidentally) so J could enjoy seeing some birds.

I was a little worried about what the hike might do to my shins, but they don't seem to be any worse for the wear.

I'll be continuing the cross training next week. We also started the 100 Pushup Challenge last week, so next week we'll continue on to Week 2 of the plan. Also, we've been keeping up on our strength training plan: planks, wall sits, hip abduction, and we need to start doing something for our hip extensors (TBD). And, as always, stretching every day!

I'll leave you with some pictures of our hiking adventure; enjoy!


Creek



Muddy Trail

Good Lighting

Bird

J's favorite bird (it's apparently a falcon, which is a type of bird, just sayin')

Ah, so cute. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment