Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

M.I.A.

And not just from blogging. As if not blogging for 10 days weren't enough, I haven't run since the 5K. I feel lazy. I feel like I'm missing out. I just started to like running, and now I have to stop? You may have surmised by now that my shins have not improved. Not that the past week or so hasn't been productive.

Last Thursday we flew down to sunny (and hot!) Southern California (Huntington Beach, not Disneyland) to visit J's family. We haven't seen them in a few months, and it was too expensive to fly during the holidays, so this was our "Holiday" in more ways than one! :)

We flew back into town on Monday, the same day J's brother and girlfriend flew into Portland for a visit and to see the sights! We took them to Powells (multiple times!), Kells, Multnomah Falls, Widmer Brothers Brewery, Bridgeport Brewery, Voodoo Donuts, Pioneer Square, The Waterfront, Pizza Schmizza, and Deschutes Brewery. Are you noticing a theme? In case you haven't guessed, I love beer. Beer and food. And over the past week we have gorged on both! That, in addition to my running-less-ness has left me feeling...lazy.

So now that the "Holiday" is over, we will slowly be easing back into our good eating habits...next week... ;) Also, we're planning on making some fairly large purchases this weekend (drum roll, please!).....NEW RUNNING SHOES!! We determined this was necessary when the one attempt we made at running last Saturday (when we were still down in Cali, for those of you keeping track!) was a disaster. I made it about 50 feet before I quit. My shins hurt really bad. And J wasn't doing much better (stupid knees) so we walked for 30 minutes and called it a day (exercise-wise anyway). And thus, we made an executive decision; to purchase new running shoes! I'm hoping and praying this purchase will be the answer to my running prayers! (Please, oh, please!!!)

If all goes according to my dastardly plans, we will be hitting the road next Monday, back on the right track (oh, puns!) I'll try to update after our (hopefully) "epic" purchases. (I hope it's a good experience.)

Below are some pictures taken during my brother in law + gf's trip; indiscreetly stolen from gf's Facebook...oops!:

Pioneer Square
Powell's Books
Multnomah Falls
Voodoo Donuts

No comments:

Post a Comment