Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Recap + Photo Friday

Well, you already know how Monday went…so lets move on:

Tuesday:
Rest Day

Wednesday:
Rest Day (skipped the run for the health of my shins)

Thursday:
3 miles

Friday:
Rest Day (exciting, wasn’t it!)

Thursday wasn’t too bad. My shins did kind of hurt during the day, but they always felt better after stretching, so I decided to see if running would calm them down. It did! My shin actually felt better after the run then they did before. Woohoo!

My shins felt a little better today then yesterday. I still experienced shin pain occasionally throughout the day, but stretching and icing always made it better. They feel pretty good now.

Tomorrow we’re planning on doing 4 miles on the trail in Forest Park. Its supposed to be really nice tomorrow (70° = super hot!) so it should be really fun. The Farmer’s Market by our house is opening tomorrow, too, so we’re gonna try to hit that up for some fresh goods!

Sunday is another rest day. I’m going to try to find some new summer running tops and buy a “Stick” for our trip down to Cali in a couple of weeks. I usually use a foam roller on my calves, but it would be a little easier to travel with The Stick, I think.

Monday, we (will hopefully) start Week 2 of Pre-Half-Marathon Training Training. I’m not sure where we will be running, but I have the day off, so that means: Waffles! :)

I have some pictures from this week. Most are from the Shamrock Run, and I took one while we were out running yesterday (Thursday), so enjoy!

Our “before” pic:

Shamrock3 Start line:

Shamrock4 Extreme Close Up (just after the start):

Shamrock8

Me kicking J’s butt!Shamrock10 “After” pic:Shamrock11My mom checking out the bagpipers :) Shamrock14 I need to work on picking out the race photographers so I don’t look like this:63145-284-016f J, Me, Mom63145-321-031f Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment