Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Shamrock Prep!

Tomorrow is our first Shamrock Run and our second 5K. I'm pretty excited and of course I have some race goals, but first a recap of the week!

Monday:
3.94 miles (oops!)
10:37 min/mi

Wednesday:
2.85 miles
10:04 min/mi (oops, again!)

Friday:
3 miles
10:04 min/mi (not as big of an oops!)

For the past several weeks, instead of mapping our runs out before or after our runs, I had been using the (free) MapMyRun app on my iPhone to measure our running distance. At least I was until last Monday. When we finished our run, my phone said that we had completed 3.5 miles, which I was ok with. Later, when we returned home, I checked it out online, and it said that it was 3.36. I looked at the map and saw that it had skipped half a mile and had us swimming across the river. Hmm...something might not be working...

When I saw that, I mapped out our path manually and it said 3.94, or basically almost 4 miles! Oops! I wasn't sure I was ready to go that far yet, but luckily it turned out ok. No lingering pain or anything! No problem! We continued with ~3 miles for our remaining runs, and finished them at about 10 min/miles. Not bad, and no worse for the wear! I figured it would be best to keep the mileage low, what with a race on Sunday!

Speaking of which, tomorrow is race day! So, without further ado, race goals! For our first 5K, our main goal was to finish without walking. This time is different; we have a PR to beat! Therefore, our goal is to PR! Not too fancy, but we want to at least beat 29:16. I don't think we'll have a problem with it, although the whole second mile is a slight uphill which might hold us down a bit, but we're hoping for the best!

I'll post our results tomorrow, and I've got some additional news to share, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment