Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Weekly Recap

Last I left you, my Garmin had just arrived in the mail. Well, we’ve gotten to try it out on a few runs, and so far, I’m loving it! I love seeing my pace while we’re running. No more of these conversations:

Me: “Hey J? How slow do you think I’m going?"

J: “Probably 14:00’s.”

Me (through loud, forceful breaths): “Thanks…[breathe]…Jerk!”

I also love that it keeps track of our distance. I like being able to see how far we’ve gone (and how far we have left…). It’s so nice not having to map new loops on the computer before, or after, the run!

So far, my Garmin = my new love. (Sorry J)

Anyway, here’s the recap of the week (including Garmin’s pace readings!)

Monday:
3 miles (pre-Garmin)

Tuesday:
Rest Day/Pushups

Wednesday:
3 miles (9:57 avg. pace)

Thursday:
3 miles (9:35 avg. pace)

Friday:
Rest Day/Pizza Binge

I already recapped Monday.

Tuesday we got back into Week 5 of the 100 Pushup Challenge, and subsequently failed to continue past Day 1. Oops! Well, we’ll (hopefully) continue next week…

Wednesday, we went out onto the Springwater Corridor. We were very excited to wander around on a different path than our normal waterfront loop. Well, it wasn’t all that great, but then again, we only went about 1.5 miles in before turning back around. Our first 2 miles were 9:53 and 9:45, but mile 3 was 10:10…stupid shoelaces… (I’ll try to explain my shoelace problems in an upcoming post…if I remember)

Thursday, we did our normal waterfront loop. Our splits were 9:50, 9:27, and 9:26 (double-knotted those laces!) and felt really comfortable. I think I might be getting quicker! Yay!

Friday (today), we ate pizza, and it was good!

Saturday (tomorrow), we’re planning a 5 mile run, and we’re gonna give the Springwater Corridor another try. Afterward, we’re headed to the zoo for my mom’s birthday. Yes, you read that right. ;)

Sunday, we’re working the bag check (and maybe the finish line) at the Fort Vancouver Run. I’m excited. It will be our first volunteering opportunity for a race, and should be a fun time. And, if nothing else, there’s free beer when we’re done! Win!

I’ll update after our adventures. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment