Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Week 10: Run 2

Run 30 minutes

Run stats:
Distance: 2.50 miles
Pace: 12:00/mile

Run Review: Well, we will never run on treadmills again. I hate treadmills!! (and so does J) My lower legs never warmed up. My run never felt "right". And it was sooo boring. I like talking to J during our run; that's one of the best parts! While on the treadmill, there's no way we could talk (way too loud).

Anyway, my shins kinda hurt. Honestly...they've kinda hurt since Monday's run. I've been icing them 3x/day and stretching my calves like crazy! But now they kinda hurt when I'm walking; not a lot, but its definitely there.

So here's the plan. I'm running the 5K tomorrow. It will be fine. I hope. If it doesn't go well, I'm taking at least a week off from running. I'll elliptical or bike for a week. I'm totally bummed as I'm sure that is how it's gonna go. I love running so much now. I don't want to stop. I feel like I just started! But I don't want a stress fracture (or two), because then I would be out for even longer (and I'm sure have worse pain!)

On a brighter note...I'm running a 5K tomorrow! My first 5K! Here are my goals:
  1. Primary Goal: Finish (this one I just added due to my "injury")
  2. Secondary Goal: Run the whole way (this used to be my "primary" goal)
  3. Secret Goal: Finish in close to 30 minutes (this one seems to be less realistic than a week ago...)

Anyway I'll update hopefully tomorrow (well sometime on New Year's Day, we are running at midnight tomorrow). I was unable to post the pictures I promised last night because it took me 5 hours to get home from work last night (yes, 12 whole miles! Portland snow storm :) so I went to bed almost immediately when I got home. My goal for the new year, post some pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment