Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Week 7: Run 2

Run 9 minutes
Walk 1 minutes
Repeat 3 times
30 minute "run"

Run stats:
Distance: 2.59 miles
Pace: 11:35/mile

Run Review: I felt good! Maybe it helped that it was 26°, and I couldn't feel my extremities. Whatever it was, I had so much fun, and so did J.

Confession: I have a bit of a confession....So you know how my "calves" have been hurting for awhile. Well, I'm pretty sure it's actually "shin splints". Yes, the dreaded Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome. I denied the truth for awhile, but after my shins was "burning" after the run on Monday, I was kind of clued in. I've been ice massaging them for the last 2 days, and stretching my calves like crazy. For today's run, I stretched my calves beforehand (and afterward!), and also taped my arches to prevent overpronation (which I'm not entirely positive I do). This seemed to stave off any pain (although it was really cold out there...).

I really don't want to stop running now. We've just gotten into such a good flow, and I'm afraid we'll never get back into the groove if we stop now. So the plan is to keep plugging along, and keep stretching my calves!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment