Pages

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Week 9: Run 3

Run 14 minutes
Walk 1 minutes
Repeat 2 times
30 minute "run"

Run stats:
Distance: 2.72 miles
Pace: 11:02/mile

Run Review: It was cold, but we felt ok during the run. (Maybe the cold helped?) It was probably about 15-20°, but we still saw three other runners out. Runners are very friendly, which I love. The run itself was also really beautiful. I need to take some pictures while we're here of the path. If it's one thing my blog is thus far lacking, it is pictures! I acknowledge that. My New Years resolution will be for more pictures on my blog. (Easy enough, right?!)

Our 5K is fast approaching...Good news, bad news: We're going snowboarding tomorrow. My brother was so excited about taking us up to the mountain (one of his favorite things to do), and I was excited to try snowboarding for the second time ever...This morning it hit me, "We're running a 5K race on Friday...I hope we don't get too sore from snowboarding!!!" It'll probably be ok, but I know the last time I snowboarded I was completely sore all over my body for several days, and that was 10 years ago. I'm a little older now, which isn't easy on the muscles. Hopefully our running will help rid our bodies of all the lactic acid we build up tomorrow. I think our next run will be on Monday morning, before we leave for home again. Maybe an ice bath will help? Or does being outside on the mountain count as an ice bath of its own?

Update: We didn't end up going snowboarding. We chickened out. Also, my brother was planning a whole day of it...Yeah, we're not that "leet".

No comments:

Post a Comment